About Harmony Partners in Education
Harmony Public Schools welcomes members of the community and community organizations to actively collaborate in mutually beneficial partnerships that meet common goals and accomplish together what one organization cannot achieve alone.
- Community partners can strengthen relationships between schools and families, as well as, help schools prepare students for college, career, and citizenship by offering additional opportunities, supports, and enrichment for young people.
- Community partnerships should enhance existing school-based service delivery models and help fill in the resource and service gaps based on the needs of the school.
- A public school is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and community agencies to help provide students and families access to the full range of services and opportunities they need to thrive.
- An effective partnership can be defined as a collaborative relationship between Harmony Public Schools and community entities that is mutually beneficial and works toward shared goals and purpose through an agreed upon division of labor, services, outcomes and financial responsibility.
Who can be a harmony partner in education?
Examples of potential volunteer or partnership opportunities
Contact your local campus about the possibilities of working together to help students in your community!
- Career Day
- Computer Coding Buddies
- Dinner with the Experts
- Hire an Intern
- Job Shadowing
- Reading Buddies/Literacy Mentors
- School Supply Drive